The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Aldenham Foundation and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related images contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or information provided within it.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Aldenham Foundation. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Aldenham Foundation takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control or for planned maintenance.
The Aldenham Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act (1998).
The Aldenham Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from [January 2016].
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode,
- Other information relevant to School application, such as name, age and gender of child.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may contact you with information you have requested using the email address which you have provided.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our products, special events (such as open days) or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you (and the site owner) know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and to improve our marketing and services.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Although this may not be the case, you should assume that if we direct you to a site owned by another entity which sells a product, that The Aldenham Foundation will earn a commission if you decide to purchase that product. You are responsible for making decisions about how you spend your money and should take appropriate financial and legal advice.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you are agreeing to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may change your mind at any time by writing to us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. You may unsubscribe from such emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link on each email.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection, The Aldenham Foundation, Elstree, Hertfordshire, WD6 3AJ.
The Aldenham Foundation is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales Number: 1847134 and a Registered Charity Number: 298140. Registered Office: Aldenham School, Elstree, Herts WD6 3AJ.