The Aldenham Community
At Aldenham, all staff (teaching and non-teaching) work together for the good of the pupils. As a large number of pupils and staff live on site (with their families), there is a real sense of community here. Aldenham is often described as a way of life, rather than simply a school. This vibrant community atmosphere helps pupils to create friends for life and to build positive memories which shape them for the future.
The Key Aims At Aldenham Are To:
- Encourage each pupil to fully develop his or her intellectual, physical and cultural talents.
- Emphasise the importance of the social, moral and spiritual dimensions of community life in a modern society.
- Set appropriate goals to challenge each individual within a small caring community.
- Recognise and reward personal and collective achievement in a positive learning environment.
- Nurture in pupils the character and skills to meet the challenges of life beyond school.
- Maintain and develop a team of professional teachers who seek fulfilment in their work through the progress of their pupils.
- Forge a partnership with parents and the wider community for the further development of the aims and life of the School.
Supporting the Community
Aldenham is very fortunate to have the loyal support of many people who help the School to flourish. Former pupils, Parents, Governors and Friends give their time and expertise. Donations to major campaigns and our Annual Fund appeal have enabled the School to offer an outstanding education to our current pupils and this is very much appreciated by everyone.
Aldenham Annual Fund 2016-17
Since the launch of the very first Aldenham Annual Fund in 2008 the appeal has generated over a quarter of a million pounds. In 2016/17 the Fund added over £50,700 to that total and we would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks to each and every donor.
The annual campaign enables us to provide resources that will enhance our pupils’ educational experience and help them to fulfil their potential. This year, among other things, we would like to buy an electronic organ for the Recital Room, new sails for the Sailing Club’s dinghies, a Defibrillator for CCF and first aid training equipment for the whole School. We also plan to continue digitising the huge amount of material in the School archive. Once again we hope to be able to award a bursary place to at least one deserving Sixth Former in 2018.
As a result of funds raised in 2016/17 we were able to buy all of the items listed in the brochure below. Our target in 2017/18 will be to raise a further £45,000 for resources and bursaries.
A donation of any size would be very much appreciated, as the saying goes - every little helps.