The Aldenham Community
At Aldenham, all staff (teaching and non-teaching) work together for the good of the pupils. As a large number of pupils and staff live on site (with their families), there is a real sense of community here. Aldenham is often described as a way of life, rather than simply a school. This vibrant community atmosphere helps pupils to create friends for life and to build positive memories which shape them for the future.
The Key Aims At Aldenham Are To:
- Encourage each pupil to fully develop his or her intellectual, physical and cultural talents.
- Emphasise the importance of the social, moral and spiritual dimensions of community life in a modern society.
- Set appropriate goals to challenge each individual within a small caring community.
- Recognise and reward personal and collective achievement in a positive learning environment.
- Nurture in pupils the character and skills to meet the challenges of life beyond school.
- Maintain and develop a team of professional teachers who seek fulfilment in their work through the progress of their pupils.
- Forge a partnership with parents and the wider community for the further development of the aims and life of the School.
Supporting the Community
Aldenham is very fortunate to have the loyal support of many people who help the School to flourish. Former pupils, Parents, Governors and Friends give their time and expertise. Donations to major campaigns and our Annual Fund appeal have enabled the School to offer an outstanding education to our current pupils and this is very much appreciated by everyone.
Aldenham Annual Fund
The Aldenham Annual Fund generates a regular income to the Aldenham Foundation Charitable Trust. Donations make an immediate difference and benefit everyone, from both Prep Schools, Aldenham and St Hilda’s, to the Sixth Formers in the Senior School.
Projects developed with help from the Annual Fund include the accelerated reading and reward programme, Edinburgh Fringe productions, the Aldenham digital archive and many other activities and resources, such as a 3D projector for Science, a brain scanner for Psychology and a flight simulator for the Combined Cadet Force.
Bursaries are an important element of this regular fundraising campaign. A major bursary is awarded each year to at least one deserving Sixth Former.
Our target each year is to raise £50,000 to support the students and their all-round learning. A donation of any size is always very much appreciated.
The Vincent Building
A major appeal was launched in November 2020 to support the development of The Vincent Building, a brand new, purpose built facility for Aldenham Prep School.
The Aldenham Foundation is committed to fully funding this exciting new development.
We are looking for help in order to enhance the learning environment and in particular the outdoor space.
We want to create the most attractive grounds, in keeping with the whole Aldenham site. There will be a multi use games area (MUGA), an amphitheatre and a wildlife area including a pond.
There are several ways in which we hope people will be able to help make our wishes come true by supporting a project on the Wish List.
A Donation may be made online.
We are always most grateful for the support given by the Aldenham community and are delighted that £150,000 had been raised for The Vincent Building Development by January 2021.