Gentlemanly conduct and the determination to work hard as an individual and as part of a team - the cricket season at Aldenham encapsulates all that is good about education in a top British independent school like this. As the sun comes out and the cricketers take to our majestic top field, there are few better sights.
- The Aldenham 1st XI competes at the highest level in a fixture list which includes the MCC. 'The Cricketer' Magazine recently noted Aldenham as one of the top Cricket schools in the country. Boys enjoy competitive cricket at all levels, from U12A & B teams all the way to the 1st XI.
- Boys benefit from a comprehensive programme of training and coaching leading to matches against other eminent opposition such as New Hall School, Stowe, Haberdashers', Haileybury, Westminster, Highgate, Mill Hill and UCS.
- In addition to dedicated full time games staff, Aldenham employs a cricket professional to ensure boys are receiving the best coaching. David Goodchild (ex Middlesex and current Herts Coach) is full-time coach and works with the elite cricketers throughout the year.
- The elite cricketers within every year group start their winter coaching in November with one to two focused sessions per week. This is continued until the season begins in April where the intensity is stepped up and they will be training or playing four times per week.
- Aldenham regularly produces pupils who play at county level and we currently have boys who represent Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Northants. Aldenham is registered with the Hertfordshire leagues and we nominate able players for trials with Hertfordshire CCC.
Cricketers at Aldenham benefit from playing in stunning grounds with excellent facilities and in a full and varied program.
* Aldenham has 4 cricket pitches, 5 indoor nets, 2 all-weather nets and 6 grass nets.
* We enter the Hertfordshire county cups at U12, U13, U14, U15 and also the national U17 and U18 tournaments.
* The 1st XI ends the term with fixtures against the MCC, XL Club, Old Aldenhamians and the ‘John Dewes' Invitational XI.
* The 1st XI is hosting an inaugural 100 Ball tournament at the end of the season, embracing the new format.
* We host a Year 7 tournament in June each year for our Prep feeder schools which Aldenham won in 2015.
* We tour every 2 or 3 years, with the last two tours to Barbados (2017) and Cape Town (2020).